- Grow your connections and networks with other library and information professionals.
- Join a community of peers through LIANZA social and professional events.
- Join your peers on LIANZA Connect, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Enjoy relevant and regular communication through a digital magazine, email newsletter, blog posts and webinars.
- Gain skills and experience beyond your workplace through contribution to LIANZA committees, professional events and advocacy work.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Seize opportunities to develop your leadership experience.
- Participate in the LIANZA Professional Registration scheme.
- Develop leadership skills by joining a committee or community.
- Join other members to advocate for the value of libraries using the platform of your trusted national association.
- Gain generous member discount rates for the biennial LIANZA conference.
- Find job opportunities through vacancies and networks.
- Professionally registered members and personal members receive member discounts ranging from 20–30% on all LIANZA and budgeted LIANZA Community events and activities including LIANZA Conference, weekend schools and study days.
LIANZA has nearly 1,000 individual members and over 200 institutional members.
Over many decades, LIANZA has been involved with the development of the library and information sector in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Te Rau Herenga o Aotearoa has been a driving force in:
- establishing programmes such as the National Library Service and the LIANZA Children’s Book Awards
- supporting library and information qualifications
- implementing professional registration
- working in partnership with Te Rōpū Whakahau
- advocating for library and information professionals through pay equity, copyright, vocational education reforms.
LIANZA membership allows you to belong to a vibrant community of information professionals ready to connect and exchange knowledge and ideas.
JOIN LIANZA CONNECT
LIANZA Connect is a place for conversations, sharing resources and information, allowing library and information professionals to connect with their peers all other the country. As a member, you are automatically signed into LIANZA Connect where you can set up your profile, join a community, ask and answer questions, and share resources.
By becoming an Institutional member of LIANZA you'll be giving back to the library and information profession in Aotearoa New Zealand. Institutional membership enables your staff to access discounted rates to our conference and events, and the ability to be represented on issues impacting your organisation.
Personal membership of LIANZA demonstrates your commitment to the library and information profession. Membership is an excellent addition to your resume and an indication you are serious enough about your career to make an investment of money and time in it. We invite you to belong to an organisation of professionals dedicated to the same passion. You belong here.
There are different rates for student and retiree members.
LIANZA PERSONAL MEMBERSHIP
HOW DO I JOIN?
You can sign up online here: https://lianza.wildapricot.org/join-LIANZA or email us at email@example.com.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
|PERSONAL MEMBERS||MEMBERSHIP 2022/23|
|LIANZA & TRW RLIANZA Member||$164.00|
|LIANZA & TRW Personal Member||$164.00|
|LIANZA & TRW Student/Retiree Member||$90.00|
|LIANZA PR from another Association|
Professional Registration: $115.00 incl GST pa on top of your membership subscription.
Additional to the one off application fee of $57.50 incl GST.
Applications for student member rates must include confirmation of full-time enrolment and this membership offered for a maximum of three years.
You can login to the LIANZA membership database at any time to view and download your invoices, receipts and check when your annual membership is due. Unless we hear from you, at the end of your 12-month membership period, your membership will be automatically re-invoiced for a further year. Please note that if you resign your membership, all payments owing still need to be paid.
You can pay weekly or fortnightly payments. Or any other interval that works for you ...
Membership at $3.15 a week (GST incl) for personal members and $1.73 (GST incl) for student/retiree members will be great value, in the times ahead.
NB: Please note that your LIANZA personal membership must be current and paid to maintain LIANZA Professional Registration or to gain member discount rates at all LIANZA events.
LIANZA relies on members to pay promptly, so that our organisation can work efficiently and effectively on behalf of all members. All payments are due within one month of the invoice due date. If your payment is overdue you will receive a monthly statement requesting prompt payment.
If you prefer to pay in installments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a payment plan.
LIANZA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DISCOUNTS
|PERSONAL MEMBERS||ALL LIANZA COMMUNITY EVENTS & CONFERENCE DISCOUNTS|
|LIANZA & TRW RLIANZA Member||30%|
|LIANZA & TRW Personal Member||25%|
|LIANZA & TRW Student/Retiree Member||30%|
|LIANZA PR from another Association||15%|
LIANZA INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP
By becoming an Institutional member of LIANZA you'll be giving back to the library and information profession in Aotearoa New Zealand. Your membership will give you such perks as discounted rates to Conference and events, and the ability to be represented on issues impacting your organisation.
SOME OF THE MANY BENEFITS OF JOINING LIANZA FOR YOUR ORGANISATION INCLUDE:
- Professional development opportunities for staff
- Member rates to the bi-annual LIANZA Conference
- The opportunity to be part of initiatives and developments for the profession
- Learning and leadership opportunities for staff through participation on LIANZA committees, regional and special interest communities
- Free job vacancy listings on the LIANZA website
- Recognised association for consultation and advocacy at national and international forums
- Support for a connection with the wider community facilitating the generation of ideas, problem solving, the formation of partnerships and peer support
- Reciprocal agreements with other international library associations
- Access to the international library and information community through LIANZA's membership of IFLA
HOW DO I JOIN?
Just email us at email@example.com.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
|INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS||MEMBERSHIP 2022/23|
|Institutional 1 FTE<6||$353.00|
|Institutional 2 FTE<6-10||$704.00|
|Institutional 3 FTE<11-40||$1,408.00|
|Institutional 4 FTE<41-100||$2,112.00|
|Institutional 5 FTE<101-175||$2,816.00|
|Institutional 6 FTE<175-499||$4,221.00|
|Institutional 7 FTE<499||$10,525.00|
|Institutional or International Supporter||$353.00|
Note: The FTE staff numbers mentioned in the above table are for the number of library staff within an organisation.
- There are a number of methods of payment, have a look at them here >
- We try and keep our membership fees as accessible and affordable as possible, while still providing for the ongoing operation of LIANZA.
- For enquiries about membership or to discuss part-payment options: talk to us.
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Renewing your LIANZA membership is easy! You will receive an invoice prior to your 12-month renewal date. You simply need to choose how you will pay from one of the following options:
1. CREDIT CARD
You can pay by credit card from the LIANZA database. An additional surcharge applies to credit card payments.
2. INTERNET BANKING
Please pay to bank account number 01-0505-0359019-000.
Please use the tax invoice number and your name as a reference.
3. PAY BY INSTALLMENT
If you prefer to pay by instalments just email firstname.lastname@example.org and then set up an automatic payment. All we need is for it to be referenced with the invoice number.
4. TALK TO US!
If you're having trouble logging in send us an email. We'll fix the problem ASAP.