WHY JOIN LIANZA?
- Grow your connections and networks with other library and information professionals.
- Join a community of peers through LIANZA social and professional events.
- Join the LIANZA community on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Enjoy relevant and regular communication through a digital magazine, email newsletter, blog posts and webinars.
- Gain skills and experience beyond your workplace through contribution to LIANZA committees and advocacy work.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Seize opportunities to develop your leadership experience.
- Participate in the LIANZA Professional Registration scheme.
- Join other members to advocate for the value of libraries using the platform of your trusted national association.
- Find job opportunities through vacancies and networks.
- Professionally registered members and personal members receive member discounts ranging from 20–30% to all LIANZA and budgeted LIANZA Community events and activities including LIANZA Conference, weekend schools and study days.
LIANZA has nearly 1,000 individual members and over 200 institutional members.
Over many decades, LIANZA has been involved with the creation of the Country Library Service, was a driving force in the National Library Service and the establishment of the LIANZA Children’s Book Awards, and supported establishment of library certificates, diplomas and degrees. LIANZA has implemented professional registration, remuneration surveys for the library and information profession, working in partnership with Te Rōpū Whakahau, held a future of libraries summit; and more
LIANZA has been involved in representing the industry with Government providing submissions on the Equal Pay Amendment Bill, Copyright Act and Reform of Vocational Education, and providing feedback to the Education Conversation and National Archival and Library Institutions Ministerial Group. We have represented our sector at the Digital Skills Hui and Digital Economy and Digital Inclusion workshops. LIANZA increased its support during the challenges of the pandemic and lockdowns and connected members to share ideas and solutions. Recently LIANZA has reached out to other associations to begin a conversation about future sustainability and collaboration..
We are thrilled with the engagement since 2018 with an 200% increase in the number of annual events and a 500% increase the number of people participating in LIANZA events.
LIANZA enables you to belong to a vibrant community of information professionals ready to connect and exchange knowledge and ideas.
To facilitate greater connection and engagement, a new online platform has been launched. LIANZA Connect is a place for crucial conversations, allowing library and information profesisonals to share initiatives and call others to action on issues that impact our sector.
By becoming an Institutional member of LIANZA you'll be giving back to the library and information profession in Aotearoa New Zealand. Institutional membership enables your staff to access discounted rates to our conference and events, and the ability to be represented on issues impacting your organisation.
Becoming a member of LIANZA demonstrates your commitment to the library and information profession. Membership is an excellent addition to your resume and an indication you are serious enough about your career to make an investment of money and time in it. We invite you to belong to an organisation of professionals dedicated to the same passion. You belong here.
LIANZA PERSONAL MEMBERSHIP
|PERSONAL MEMBERS||MEMBERSHIP 2022/23||PR Fee||PD Discounts|
|LIANZA & TRW RLIANZA Member||$164.00||$115.00||30%|
|LIANZA & TRW Personal Member||$164.00||25%|
|LIANZA & TRW Student/Retiree Member||$90.00||30%|
|LIANZA PR from another Association||$115.00||15%|
Professional Registration: $115.00 incl GST pa on top of your membership subscription.
Additional to the one off application fee of $57.50 incl GST.
Applications for student member rates must include confirmation of full-time enrolment and this membership offered for a maximum of three years.
You can login to the LIANZA database at any time to view and download your invoices and receipts and check the date when your annual membership is due. Unless we hear from you, at the end of your 12 month membership period, your membership will be automatically re-invoiced for a further year. Please note that if you resign your membership, all payments owing still need to be paid.
You can pay weekly or fortnightly payments. Or any other interval that works for you ...
Membership at $3.15 a week (GST incl) for personal members and $1.73 (GST incl) for student/retiree members will be great value, in the times ahead.
NB: Please note that your LIANZA personal membership must be current and paid, in order to maintain LIANZA Professional Registration or to gain member discount rates at all LIANZA events.
LIANZA relies on members to pay promptly, so that our organisation can work efficiently and effectively on behalf of all members. All payments are due within one month of the invoice due date. If your payment is overdue you will receive a monthly statement requesting prompt payment.
If you prefer to pay in installments, please contact email@example.com to arrange a payment plan.
LIANZA PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DISCOUNTS
|Personal Members||All LIANZA Community Events & Conference Discounts|
|LIANZA & TRW RLIANZA Member||30%|
|LIANZA & TRW Personal Member||25%|
|LIANZA & TRW Student/Retiree Member||30%|
|LIANZA PR from another Association||15%|
LIANZA INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP
By becoming an Institutional member of LIANZA you'll be giving back to the library and information profession in Aotearoa New Zealand. Your membership will give you such perks as discounted rates to Conference and events, and the ability to be represented on issues impacting your organisation.
SOME OF THE MANY BENEFITS OF JOINING LIANZA FOR YOUR ORGANISATION INCLUDE:
- Professional development opportunities for staff
- Member rates to the bi-annual LIANZA Conference
- The opportunity to be part of initiatives and developments for the profession
- Learning and leadership opportunities for staff through participation on LIANZA committees, regional and special interest communities
- Free job vacancy listings on the LIANZA website
- Recognised association for consultation and advocacy at national and international forums
- Support for a connection with the wider community facilitating the generation of ideas, problem solving, the formation of partnerships and peer support
- Reciprocal agreements with other international library associations
- Access to the international library and information community through LIANZA's membership of IFLA
HOW DO I JOIN?
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
|INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS||MEMBERSHIP 2022/23|
|Institutional 1 FTE<6||$353.00|
|Institutional 2 FTE<6-10||$704.00|
|Institutional 3 FTE<11-40||$1,408.00|
|Institutional 4 FTE<41-100||$2,112.00|
|Institutional 5 FTE<101-175||$2,816.00|
|Institutional 6 FTE<175-499||$4,221.00|
|Institutional 7 FTE<499||$10,525.00|
|Institutional or International Supporter||$353.00|
Note: The FTE staff numbers mentioned in the above table are for the number of library staff within an organisation.
- There are a number of methods of payment, have a look at them here >
- We try and keep our membership fees as accessible and affordable as possible, while still providing for the ongoing operation of LIANZA.
- For enquiries about membership or to discuss part-payment options: talk to us. If you're unable to join but you're interested in hearing about key LIANZA activities – join our mailing list!
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Renewing your LIANZA membership is easy! You will receive an invoice prior to your 12-month renewal date. You simply need to choose how you will pay from one of the following options:
1. CREDIT CARD
You can pay by credit card from the LIANZA database. An additional surcharge applies to credit card payments.
2. INTERNET BANKING
Please pay to bank account number 01-0505-0359019-000.
Please use the tax invoice number and your name as a reference.
Please post any payments to LIANZA, PO Box 12-212, Thorndon, Wellington 6144
4. PAY BY INSTALLMENT
If you prefer to pay by installments just email email@example.com and then set up an automatic payment. All we need is for it to be referenced with the invoice number.
5. TALK TO US!
If you're having trouble logging in or registering for the website send us an email. We'll fix the problem ASAP.