- Qualified librarian, teacher or youth worker
- Literacy and STEM focus
- Full time, fixed term (18 months)
Do you enjoy planning and implementing youth programmes and services for young people? As the result of securing Government funding, we are looking for an enthusiastic and positive librarian who enjoys working with young people and supporting them to build their literacy, abilities and confidence, to join our libraries team.
You will be able to apply your strategic thinking skills and contribute to planning for how we deliver services for young people/rangatahi in our community. With your technical knowledge of STEM based programming, you will ensure our programmes have a focus on innovation, creativity and sustainability.
The role has an interesting mix of behind the scenes technical work, which will include creating digital programming and content and collaborating with our Children’s and Young Adults Librarian to develop, deliver and promote services. To ensure you maintain strong connections with our customers, you will get to spend time within our libraries as part of a service delivery roster.
In your cover letter, please let us know about your skills, knowledge and experience in the following:
- Developing and delivering youth programmes and services
- Experience of strategic planning
- Facilitation skills
- Understanding of STEM
- Digital literacy
- Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum of level 5 Diploma in Library and Information Studies, teaching qualification or equivalent) or equivalent experience
This is a fixed term opportunity through to the end of June 2022 which includes a mixture of week day and weekend work (see draft roster below).
By taking this career step you will discover a friendly and inclusive workplace, where you can use your skills and do meaningful work, with a professional and supportive Team Leader.
“Working together to make Nelson an even better place”
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city. We have amazing weather, great schools and a wonderful natural environment to play in. It’s a great place for all ages.
- Applications close: Midnight, Monday 30 November 2020
- View job description
- View draft roster pattern
- For more information about the role please contact: Steve Harley, Team Leader Programmes and Services on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 546 0249