A unique opportunity has arisen for a fixed-term, 30 hour per week role at the new Waitohi precinct in Johnsonville.
Waitohi brings together the Keith Spry Pool, Johnsonville Community Centre, Waitohi Kindergarten, new Café and the Johnsonville Library, into a single precinct.
The role of the Coordinator is to oversee the development of new processes and relationships at the hub during the first 12 months of operation, to set it up for future success. One of Waitohi’s guiding principles is “Ehara taku toa I te toa takitahi ēngari he toa takitini”, recognising that the strength and success of the hub comes not from any individual, but from the efforts of everyone working together.
This role facilitates Waitohi staff to realise this principle by:
- fostering the Waitohi culture by facilitating relationships between the immediate precinct community
- looking for opportunities across the precinct to collaborate
- facilitating the ongoing culture work and activities needed to embed the Waitohi vision, by intentionally building cross-functional relationships between staff
- developing and documenting processes around asset management, budgeting and financials, for shared spaces
- managing maintenance and resolution of issues occurring in shared spaces
- ensuring the right processes and procedures for Waitohi Operations are in place.
This role does not manage or have responsibility for any one team, but facilitates the bringing together of the teams to work collaboratively, and ensure that the teams have the right processes and procedures in place to work together effectively in an ongoing way.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of people and culture building experience, while also being able to adeptly manage the practicalities of managing shared facility assets and health and safety. They need to be skilled communicators, with a strong focus on relationship building, and delivering results that matter to the Waitohi customers and team.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Laurinda Thomas, Manager Libraries and Community Spaces at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday, 25 September 2019.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do – to make our city an even better place to live and work.