Professional Grade 6: $58,673 – $83,414
Office of the Provost
Term length: ongoing
Hours of work: full-time
Kia hiwa rā! Kia hiwa rā!
E ngā mana e ngā reo e ngā karangatanga maha tēnā koutou katoa. Kei te wātea tēnei tūranga ki Te Putanga ki Te Ao Mātauranga ki Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa.
Ko ngā kōrero e whai ake nei he kōrero e pā ana ki te tūranga wātea.
We are seeking an enthusiastic subject librarian to join the Massey University, Wellington Campus team. This permanent, fulltime position will appeal to individuals who enjoy working collaboratively to support the research, teaching and learning activities of academic staff and students. The Wellington Campus is one of three Massey University campuses, and we offer support to both distance and on-campus students. We offer a stimulating and supportive work environment, with a ‘one-library’ approach that provides opportunities to participate with the wider Library whānau in cross-campus planning and project work. Massey University has a strong commitment to developing as a Te Tiriti-led organisation and the successful applicant would work with Library colleagues in developing a truly bicultural library.
Responsibilities include supporting Massey researchers by providing advice in using Library resources, building and maintaining scholarly profiles, and monitoring and advising on publication impact. The role also includes teaching information skills, both online and in face-to-face classes, collection review and development within a subject speciality, outreach activities, and contributing to the Library’s online presence through creating and maintaining teaching resources and digital learning materials.
The successful candidate will be:
· Self-driven, skilled and confident in outreach and liaison, with proven ability to proactively seek and establish collaborative relationships
· Proficient in the provision of research support services, supporting researchers in the development of scholarly profiles and monitoring research impact, as well as providing advice on research data management
· Passionate about making a difference through research in higher education
· Proactive and creative in improving customer service
· Interested in educational technologies and the opportunities they offer
· Proficient in developing generic and subject specific information skills classes
· Proficient in working independently and as part of a team
· Collegial, flexible, team-oriented and actively interested in wider Library and campus initiatives.
· Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori and/or an understanding of Pasifika cultures and/or language(s) would be an advantage.
Massey University is known for its distinctive mix of campus-based, distance and international teaching, ground-breaking research, and the applied nature of many of its teaching and research programmes.
For further information please contact Joy Wearne email@example.com, Campus Librarian, Massey Wellington Campus.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below: Subject Librarian
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form