Local histories Many Answers Pilot Project
We are looking for a school librarian who would like to work on local history resource collection and curation in their region. This role requires the applicant to work with the local GLAM sector, iwi groups, local council and other agencies to research and collate local history information. The successful applicant will be part of the National Library Many Answers team. The information gathered will be used in the Many Answers online entries.
These pilot programmes will be running in the following areas: Hawkes Bay/Gisborne and the Northland region.
This is a paid part-time position, to be worked in term time hours and/or during school holidays. The pilot runs for two years. A job description is attached to this email.
Training and support will be provided by a Many Answers service coach.
All approved travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
- Applicant needs to have good communication skills, with knowledge around using a variety of formats and platforms.
- Applicant needs to be able to show expertise in sourcing and curating local information.
- Applicant needs to have an interest in Aotearoa New Zealand histories curriculum.
- Applicant will be able to liaise with a variety of individuals and local organisations.
- Applicant will need to be able to meet arranged milestones and reporting requirements.
We are very keen to hear from any interested parties as soon as possible as the project will be beginning in the near future.
Apply here: http://www.slanza.org.nz/vacancies.html