Palmerston North, Papaioea
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Use your expertise to present library Information literacy modules to kaimahi and tauira
- Support TWoA self-service libraries
- Promote and assist tauira to use TWoA online platforms
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing transformational education opportunities to New Zealanders for 35 years. We are a national education provider with more than 27,000 tauira enrolling with us each year. As the tertiary sector embarks on a challenging and exciting period of change, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is committed to supporting our tauira, their whānau and communities and being at the forefront of Mātauranga Māori tertiary education.
Following a review of the services we provide, we have an exciting new position of Resource Facilitator Librarian who will support the activation of library services in the Takiwā as a centre of learning, promoting and delivering a supportive and effective facility for all tauira and kaimahi.
About the role
The primary purpose of the Resource Facilitator Librarian role is to support all library services in the Takiwā with a focus on the uptake of digital platforms through targeted workshops and online interactions. This is a highly mobile position ensuring that our self-service libraries are well resourced and maintained and tauira and classes are supported through planned workshops and trainings.
Your skills and experience
You will have:
- A Degree in Library and Information Management or equivalent
- A Certificate in Adult Teaching
- A full NZ Drivers Licence (Class 1)
- Professional library experience, including special library/tertiary education experience
- Experience using electronic databases
- Experience successfully delivering customer focused solutions to diverse client groups
- Experience in training or teaching groups and individual
- A conversational level of te reo Māori (TARM level 4 or equivalent qualification)
To apply for this position
Please register and apply on our Jobs site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 22 September 2021