Scion specialises in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials and other biomaterials. Specialists in propagation and forest management, we lead new technology development for renewables, bioproducts and energy and the establishment of a broader based circular bioeconomy.
Our Knowledge Centre is looking for a Research Information Advisor to join a small team of highly skilled knowledge and information professionals who are committed to delivering a range of services that empower research success.
About the role
Working closely with science staff across the organisation, the Research Information Advisor will facilitate and build information-related capability to enhance Scion’s research effectiveness. With our science published in high impact journals and going out to national and international audiences such as government organisations, the community, and to industry, this role will support the production of quality reports and literature and help raise researcher profiles and impact.
- Conduct targeted literature and information searches.
- Build effective client relationships and facilitate information flows and impact across the organisation.
- Deliver an effective user training and support service to build researcher capability and impact.
- Assist with publication and bidding processes.
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter with an eye for detail and good organisational skills to balance competing priorities. You will have an engaging manner and good listening skills in order to quickly develop trust and build solid working relationships with busy scientists. Along with initiative and drive, you will need to have:
- Advanced search skills, using both internal and external sources with the ability to add value by analysing and synthesising information, and achieving a high standard of work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 applications including SharePoint, OneNote, and referencing software (preferably EndNote).
- Understanding of the breadth of knowledge-related sources and tools, and able to evaluate and make appropriate recommendations.
- Confidence with training and empowering others in the use of online tools and processes.
- High customer focus: with the ability to build rapport, respect, and trust with clients, and enhance the Knowledge Centre’s reputation for excellent service.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong self-management and organisational abilities including the ability to think and apply innovative responses to problems or challenges, the flexibility to cope with carrying out multiple tasks at the same time, meet deadlines and prioritise work commitments.
- Enthusiasm for ongoing learning, and able to identify improvements for productivity and effectiveness of individual and team processes.
Scion presents talented and ambitious individuals the unique opportunity to pursue a fulfilling professional career at the heart of New Zealand’s forest industry. With our main campus at the edge of Rotorua’s world-famous Whakarewarewa Forest, Scion offers a great working environment. Our central location and proximity to coastal beaches and inland lakes, native forests, geothermal areas and ski-fields, offer many opportunities to balance work with the other things that are important in your life.
If you are naturally curious and looking to make a difference to Scion’s research success, we would love to hear from you!
|Closes on||19 Sep 2021 17:00|