Gisborne District Council are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
We are currently seeking an experienced Reference Service Librarian to provide high quality information services in fields of research and heritage, including curations of materials and content to enhance customer experience.
Up for the challenge? Great! – ideally you’ll have:
- NZ Diploma in Library and Information Studies (Level 5) or equivalent
- Excellent research capabilities
- Excellent problem solving, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in libraries or related fields such as archives or museums
- Experience and a strong professional interest in delivering a range of dynamic local history experiences for our customers
- Experience working with tangata whenua or at least a willingness to learn
Keen to find out more? Great – please apply as soon as possible – we’re looking to move quickly on this. Please submit your CV and cover letter by following the link.
For further information please contact Lois Haddon at Lois.Haddon@gdc.govt.nz.
Applications close by 10 AM Thursday 15 April 2021. Job LocationGisborne, Gisborne (Tūranga nui a Kiwa), New Zealand