- Build products that are easy to adopt and use
- Work closely with customers and internal stakeholders
- New Year start
Recollect is in a growth phase and we are looking for an inspirational product leader to help us shape the way cultural heritage collections are managed and accessed through the cloud. As a Product Manager, you will own and drive the life cycle of new features — from high-level concept to delivery and end-of-life.
We host our customers’ cultural heritage digital reproductions of almost every record type and have built up an enviable reputation in the market. We are recognised for our company values of professionalism, friendly, expert and caring. After working with off-the-shelf products (with limited success) we built our own product from the ground up using what we discovered were core user expectations. Recollect is now a mature product which was fully developed in-house, serving a diverse range of organisations who have information and digital assets they want to interact with, and we are growing fast. Our cloud-based community engagement and collection management platform offers sophisticated social interaction features and we provide support for, and hosting of, our clients’ sites. Refer www.recollectcms.com
We’re based in Grenada North, just off the motorway 15 minutes north of Wellington in a modern building with a top-notch espresso machine, free parking and a bike rack.
- You understand and can succinctly articulate the customer’s pain (you understand their world and their constraints). You live to make their lives easier;
- You love building products that are easy to adopt and use. You have a keen design awareness, and you are always looking for ways to improve the usability of your products;
- You recognize the customer’s key business drivers — and can work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to satisfy their requirements for the product;
- Sales and Marketing are enthused by your ideas and positioning statements;
- The Support team calls you first when something is wrong and know you will not leave them in a lurch with a customer;
- You love to move fast and prioritise stuff that matters.
What you bring to the challenge:
- You understand the challenges of running a SaaS platform on a global scale;
- You can break down complex technical problems into small, releasable, user-useful features;
- You can describe complex issues clearly and succinctly to someone who doesn’t have a Computer Science or Electrical Engineering degree;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally a Product Development or Management qualification
- At least two years in Product Management
Personal attributes or skills
- Drive – to improve the business, to add to the team; to succeed
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Problem solving ability.
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non-NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others should not apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send applications to email@example.com