Ko au te tumu i herenga ngā waka’ I am the main tethering post for the vessels (Dr Merimeri Penfold)
Te Tumu Herenga | Libraries and Learning Services seeks a proactive, innovative, dynamic professional for the position of Manager, Cultural Collections, serving as a leader with proven experience in developing strategies and frameworks for maximising visibility, utilisation and preservation of digital and print cultural collections
The Manager, Cultural Collections provides leadership and direction for the teams with custodial and management responsibilities for cultural collections. These collections include, amongst others, the Archive of Maori and Pacific Sound, the Chapman Broadcast Media Archive, the Western Pacific High Commission Archives, Mātauranga Māori and Pasific print and archival collections. You will contribute to the development of strategy, policy and frameworks. This role is key to supporting Te Tumu Herenga’s research and teaching priorities and maintaining the public profile of the collections through community engagement.
Skills and Experience required
- Strategic thinker and proven experience in managing cultural collections and archives or equivalents, including building digital archiving and preservation strategies, frameworks and services
- Extensive knowledge of trends and best practice in sourcing, acquiring and providing access to cultural collections and archives, especially in a digital environment
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, especially in relation to cultural collections
- Knowledge of Māori tikanga and te reo Māori
- Significant experience in a management role with proven experience in operational planning and people management within a large, complex organisation.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in team building, change management and working collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships, stakeholder management and driving and negotiating change
- Degree and/or postgraduate qualification in information management, archives management or equivalent.
Why work for us?
We offer the opportunity to extend your experience with New Zealand’s leading University in a way that can have a positive impact on research, learning and teaching. We also offer:
- Competitive salary & inclusive working environment
- 6.75% superannuation scheme
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Subsidised car parking and childcare
- Flexible working and a culture dedicated to work life balance
For more information please visit Staff Benefits. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your CV and cover letter online, combined as one single document, for consideration.
Applications close 14 July 2019.