Permanent Position, Term Time Only
Pakuranga College is seeking to employ a Library Manager to work in our Library. This position will commence 20 January 2020.
This is a permanent position for 40 hours per week during Secondary Term time.
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement and this position has been graded as Grade D and the hourly rate will be based on experience.
The position will include tasks such as:
- Leading the library team, including student librarians
- Organise the day to day running of the Library Centre
- Providing a welcoming environment that is conducive to teaching and learning
- Helping staff and students with enquiries
- Managing the budget
- Acquisition of physical and online resources
- Promoting the library services and its resources
- Managing the lending of books and overdues
- Collaborating with Staff to teach and assist with information literacy skills
- Managing the Library operating system (Oliver) including stocktake
- Leading the Year 9 induction programme
- Cataloguing and maintaining the Elibrary
- Preparing and reporting on library outcomes to the Senior Leadership Team
- Creating resources
- Setting up displays
- Liaising with external relevant agencies
The successful applicant will have:
- A love of reading, literature and learning
- Knowledge of the NZ curriculum
- Eligibility for LIANZA and SLANZA membership
- Experience as a librarian
- Experience to teach and promote information literacy and digital citizenship to staff and students
- Experience to manage a team of staff
- Empathy, tolerance and diplomacy
- The ability to remain calm and in control
- A proven history of working with young people
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills
- Planning & organisational skills to meet deadlines
- A can-do attitude
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory police vet.
Please apply in writing including a cover letter, CV, application guidelines (available on our website) and at least two referees to:
Applications close when position is filled.