- Permanent role, full-time
- National office, Wellington
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Evidence, Data and Knowledge (EDK)
Our vision in EDK is to provide access to quality evidence, information and data to inform policy and practice. We aim to contribute to the educational success and social well-being of all learners. The Library is part of the Customer Strategy and Channels Management team in EDK.
About this role
We are looking for an enthusiastic senior librarian to contribute to a small specialist library team. The Library Business Partner – Systems is one of three Library Business Partners in the library team. This role focuses on keeping the library management system and our library website working; and developing new ways to improve the library systems with our customers in mind.
You’ll be involved in many daily aspects of library work from technical to trouble-shooting and problem-solving. You’ll learn on-the-job, and come up to speed quickly with our systems. You’ll produce statistics for the library. Your technical skills and your communication skills will help us provide our customers with better services and access to the information they need.
You need a postgraduate qualification in library or information management or related discipline, and five years’ experience in a role with a systems focus. Current RLIANZA registration an advantage.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- experience managing, maintaining and developing library management systems, preferably Koha
- experience managing, maintaining and developing a website CMS, preferably Drupal
- experience managing EBSCO admin, EDS, and OCLC; and the ability to write SQL reports for Koha an advantage
- competent using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- ability to liaise closely and effectively with vendors and support services
- experience collaborating with key stakeholders
- a strong customer focus and high-quality customer service
- excellent written and verbal communication
- the ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now via our careers site at https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobs/EDU-1406653
For further information, please contact Flora Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 463 8925.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/629835_JobDesc.pdf
Applications close midnight – Monday, 15 July 2019.