- Are you looking for an opportunity to work within an academic library?
- Are you a team player who takes pride in delivering excellent customer service?
- Will you thrive in a collaborative and supportive environment with opportunities for further development?
Mō Te Herenga Waka – About Our University
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting Library Assistants to join the Client Services team. We have vacancies on a permanent part-time and full-time basis. The role will be responsible for providing a range of services across the Client Services teams within the Library. This includes the delivery of services at Library service points and through virtual service channels and undertaking the operational activities necessary to provide access to the Library’s collections and spaces.
- The role may require the ability to work regular evening and weekend hours including public holidays, on a rostered basis.
- Our academic library is home to World class services and resources supporting quality study, learning, teaching and research.
- We are a library team of passionate people who take pride in working in a collaborative and engaging environment across three campuses with four libraries.
- Demonstrated experience of providing high quality customer service.
- A proven track record of working effectively within a team environment.
- The ability to respond to diverse client needs and keen to work on a range of tasks.
- Demonstrated experience of being well organised and accurate with daily tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- The ability to meet the physical requirements of the role, such as the lifting and movement of books and other material around the Library and standing/roving at service points for periods of approximately 1-2 hours at a time.
Ō pūmanawa – About you
You will be a good communicator with flexibility, enthusiasm, and great customer service skills.
You will thrive in this role having an excellent manner with people, working with a diverse range of stakeholders, and have a strong attention to detail. This role is busy, challenging, extremely rewarding and interesting.
You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team. You will need to maintain a high standard of service to both students and staff and have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
It would be desirable if you have previous experience or interest in pursuing a career in the library and information sector.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe – Why you should join our team
Our team enjoys customer service, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to develop and hone their library and customer service skills to progress further in the academic library field. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University.
- To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/about/working-here/current-vacancies-broadbean
- Applications close Monday 21 June 2021.
- Vacancy Ref: 1545