A leadership opportunity for an innovative, forward-looking and customer-focused Libraries Manager is being offered in the Waitaki District. A special community-focused person is essential for this position with outstanding leadership skills.
Although based in historic Oamaru the role includes management of the Oamaru Public Library and Branch Libraries at Palmerston, Hampden, Kurow, Otematata and Omarama.
This role involves the management of a highly functioning team which embraces the Library’s philosophy of providing ‘Sparkling Services’ requiring specific highly developed attributes.
- An understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and leadership and delivery of bi-cultural services
- In-depth knowledge of the role of Public Libraries in diverse communities, including senior citizens and Pasifika community
- The proven ability to develop and deliver innovative and exciting programmes and services
- An understanding of life-long learning initiatives supporting the community
- Proven understanding of technologies in libraries
- Excellent financial and budgetary skills
- Collaborative skills to facilitate engagement across Council and community organisations
- Outstanding communication and people management skills
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Creative problem-solving skills with proven ability to exercise sound judgement
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with leadership experience in the cultural sector
This job is situated in a district full of artisans, renowned for its amazing limestone architecture. Oamaru has great cafes, some of New Zealand’s best restaurants not to mention the fantastic outdoors opportunities including Aotearoa’s longest national heartland cycleway (The Alps 2 Ocean) and the fabulous Waitaki Whitestone Geopark.
Enquiries can be made to Philip van Zijl, Libraries Manager on (03) 433 0851 or 021329009.
To apply for this job and to view the position description go to: http://waitakidistrictcouncil.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 5285378.
Applications close 07 December 2020