(fixed-term, 1 year)
The Western Bay of Plenty District Council is looking for a customer-focused person to join the team at the Te Puke Library and Service Centre in an exciting new fixed term role.
We are seeking someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a level of confidence in using Te Reo. In order to be successful, you will need to demonstrate the capability to create and maintain positive relationships with a diverse range of people and successfully share knowledge for the benefit of others. You will have experience working within communities and have a sound understanding of local iwi/hapu structures.
The position is a full time fixed term one year role.
To be considered for this role you will be:
- Confident in the use of Te Reo Māori and have knowledge of ngā Tikanga Māori
- Able to support the local community to become digitally literate
- Able to work cooperatively within a team, and yet autonomously
- Interested in working with a diverse range of people and connecting with the local community
- Experienced in delivering digital learning activities
- Knowledgeable of the role public libraries play in their communities
- Have a current full drivers licence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications close 5.00pm, 27 June 2021.
For further information please call Mary Forrest or Kim Rahiri in our Human Resources team, 07 571 8008.