Vacancy Number: CSSR11940 – Librarian – Rolleston Prison
Closing Date: 11.30pm, Monday 28 October 2019
Location: Rolleston Prison, Christchurch
Recruitment Contact: Sam Brown – Careers@corrections.govt.nz
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to provide educational support services in our goal to reduce reoffending.
As Librarian you will engage with a wide range of people by providing professional services. You will aide literacy needs, engage constructive use of leisure time, support educational initiatives and open pathways for reintegration and rehabilitation.
Primary responsibilities include;
- Overseeing the prison library, its resources and providing a welcoming space available to function in many learning and rehabilitative levels
- Maintaining the functioning of the library space, including procurement and updating of all its resources and keeping it modern and engaging to people of all ages and learning levels
- Being creative and open in the use of the library, how to engage new users within the space and to the delivery of ‘programmes’ associated with learning and education
- Cataloguing all resources including fiction and non-fiction books, puzzles, periodicals and learning material
- Overseeing the issuing and returns process on site and ensuring appropriate loan protocols are observed
With a strength of integrity and resilience, you will be respectful and courteous in your tasks whilst ensuring the protocols of prison operations are observed to the full.
The preferred candidate will;
- be proactive in nature, quick to identify, address and resolve the needs of your customers,
- be meticulous in the recording and maintaining of information,
- possess a calm and professional manner,
- demonstrate a sensitivity to the needs of a client base with varying literacy levels and diverse cultural needs and expectations
- deliver a high level of service to our team.
A full driver’s licence is essential in this position.
Previous library experience and Diploma in Information and Library Studies (Level 5) or equivalent are desirable.
To apply now
Download and complete the application form and email this back, along with your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please make sure you put the job name and reference number in the subject line.
If you’re having problems downloading the form please click here and send us an email.