An exciting opportunity at the Mercury Bay Library.
We are seeking a permanent full-time Librarian to replace a long-standing staff member at the Mercury Bay Library. If you have a library qualification and experience working in a public or school library, come and join the team and share your love of literature and learning opportunities.
Are you ready to make an impact? Live, Work and Play in the Coromandel…
At TCDC we want to help you be the best ‘you’ that you can be. Our culture, based around accountability and trust, empowers our team to achieve outcomes they didn’t think possible.
- We are dedicated to building an inclusive team culture where employees can do their best work
- We welcome diverse perspectives and people who have the courage to challenge assumptions
- We thrive on agility, promote flexibility, operate on trust and expect high performance
We want all who join our team to realise and reach their individual potential and take ownership of collective organisational outcomes. When everyone’s in, everyone wins!
About the role
Being part of the Mercury Bay Library team, this role assists library users to find the information they seek and to use the technology and electronic services available.
Enhancing library users’ experience whether online or extending their favourite genre.
You will be responsible for delivering services and programmes to children, youth and whanau.
There will be times when this is “in-charge” role, with much scope to shape the library service.
You will be passionate about the role of modern libraries in delivering life-long learning opportunities, and you will be a high energy person who is technologically savvy.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Commitment to a strong customer focus philosophy and the ability to relate well to customers
- The ability to work well with a range of people, including a wide range of cultures
- A Library and Information Studies qualification or experience
- Experience with various computer applications and communication apps, and confidently use technical equipment
Applications will close on Sunday 05 December 2021