CALL FOR PROPOSALS - LIANZA 2023 CONFERENCE
LIANZA 2023 CONFERENCE THEME
Ngā Aho - Weaving our threads of knowledge together.
Our threads of knowledge are woven together to link past, present and future.
We come together to innovate, engage and transform our communities.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The call for proposals for papers, lightning talks, workshops, panels and kōrero is now open. We invite you to submit proposals about new and inspiring initiatives, fresh experiences, latest research, deep insights and provocative thoughts to create an engaging and stimulating conference. This is your opportunity to share innovative approaches being taken in your library, information culture or heritage service.
LIANZA 2023 is a unique opportunity to connect, collaborate, communicate, share our stories, successes and challenges, to build a professional community for a sustainable and inclusive future.
We warmly invite you to become a presenter. This is your opportunity to take part in building a strong, effective and connected sector in Aotearoa, across library, culture and heritage services.
Proposal submissions should be made via the online portal by 8.00pm Monday April 17.
Before you submit your proposal, please read through the guidelines below.
Our five conference threads or sub-themes provide a guide for your proposal. These are the threads that bring us together to innovate, engage and transform our communities. Consider where your proposal might fit in our sub-themes:
- Ō mātau reo, ō mātau kōrero – Our voices, our stories
- He puna kōrero horopū – Information today
- He kete matatau, he kete matatini – Libraries and literacies
- Te kuneroa – The future
- Kia whai wāhi te hapori kia whanake – Community engagement and transformation
A detailed outline of the five sub-themes can be found below.
Select a presentation type for your conference proposal:
- Lightning talk (presented in-person)
- Paper (presented in-person)
- Workshop (presented in-person and led by a facilitator)
- Panel (presented in-person)
- Kōrero (in-person discussion topic led by a facilitator)
A detailed outline of the presentation types can be found below.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION PROCESS
All submissions are to be entered through our online proposal portal.
- You will be asked to set up a ‘new account’ in the portal before you can submit. Once your account has been set up you can enter the portal as often as you need to.
- Prepare your proposal submission:
- Consider the sub-theme and presentation format that applies to your proposal (you will be required to select these in the portal)
- Proposals should be typed into the proposal template provided in the portal. Save it on your computer while you work on it and upload the final version into the portal.
- The filename of the proposal template should be <Full proposal plus the first five words of your proposal title>.
- The proposal should be typed in Arial font, size 11.
- The full proposal should be limited to 150 words.
- Do not include author details on the proposal document. You will enter these into the online form.
- Proposals can be edited up until the deadline of 17th April 2023.
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
Your submission should answer these questions:
- What are the issues the proposal highlights/addresses/raises?
- How do these issues relate to the conference theme or sub-themes?
- Is this new and original information?
- What will attendees get from your presentation?
Proposals will be evaluated by the LIANZA 2023 Conference committee against the following criteria:
- Appropriateness and significance of the topic to the conference theme and sub-themes
- Originality, significance (is this a new and original contribution?)
Do not include information in your proposal that will not be included in your presentation. All proposals will be double-blind reviewed.
CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION
- A presenter may participate in a maximum of two presentations.
- Proposals may be accepted in a different presentation format subject to review and availability.
- Please ensure that your proposal has been proofread before submitting and does not contain any personal or contact details that you do not wish to be published.
- Presenters must register and pay to attend LIANZA 2023 in order for their presentations to be confirmed in the programme. Registrations must be received no later than Thursday July 20, 2023 to be confirmed in the programme.
- Presenters are required to organise their own travel and accommodation arrangements, if required.
- Call for proposals close Monday April 17
- Notification of acceptance by Tuesday May 11
- Draft programme published Thursday June 8
- Presenters confirm participation and register by Thursday July 20
- Final programme published Thursday September 28
If you need help with your submission at any stage please contact our conference support
The Conference Company
Phone + 64 9 360 1240