Do you enjoy managing information and delivering service from the lens of a customer?
• Scion needs you to support the development of our digital content platforms and processes
• Scion’s Knowledge Centre, Rotorua – New Zealand’s adventure playground!
Scion is a Crown Research Institute (CRI) specialising in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bioproducts and energy and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support our organisation by driving the continuous improvement of our digital recordkeeping processes, practises, tools and systems. You will be responsible for ensuring our science and business activities are recorded and easily accessible into the future.
In this role you will enjoy responsibility and variety. You will be involved in key pieces of project work, as well as delivering day-to-day activities and embedding new initiatives.
You will be a forward thinker, know how to find positive ways to help internal customers come to the right solutions for their needs, and influence people to adopt new ways of working. We want someone who can work confidently with technology platforms; and with people to guide, advocate and embed good practice and consistent information and data management.
To be successful in this role, your skills will include:
• Expertise in records management and familiarity with information systems.
• Proficiency with Microsoft 365 applications and technologies.
• Experience in classification/taxonomy design and managing digital content.
• Experience in developing and delivering effective education across all levels of the organisation.
• An inclusive and approachable working style, understanding the value of consultation and bringing others along.
If you are curious, good at problem solving, self-driven to deliver results and make a difference to Scion’s research effectiveness, please apply online on our careers page at https://www.scionresearch.com/about-us/careers-at-scion
Closing date: 4 August 2020
Scion is a place where smart people do fascinating work in a beautiful environment. Come and join us!