Kia hiwa rā! Kia hiwa rā!
E ngā mana e ngā reo e ngā karangatanga maha tēnā koutou katoa. Kei te wātea tēnei tūranga ki Te Putanga ki Te Ao Mātauranga ki Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa.
Ko ngā kōrero e whai ake nei he kōrero e pā ana ki te tūranga wātea.
We are seeking a qualified librarian, who can proactively support the research, teaching and learning activities of students and academic staff. Based in the Manawatu Library, and supporting people both on-campus and at a distance, we offer a stimulating and supportive work environment, as part of a great team in a developing bicultural library, and within a university that has the goal of being Tiriti-led. This is a permanent, fulltime position.
Responsibilities include supporting Massey researchers by providing advice in using Library resources, building and maintaining scholarly profiles and publication impact. The role also includes teaching information skills, both online and in face-to-face classes, collection review and development within a subject speciality, outreach activities, and contributing to the Library’s online presence through creating and maintaining teaching resources and digital learning materials.
The successful candidate will be:
- confident in the provision of research support services, including research data management, publication impact and scholarly profiles
- self-driven, skilled and confident in outreach and liaison to proactively seek and establish collaborative relationships
- passionate about making a difference through research in higher education
- proactive and creative in improving customer service
- interested in educational technologies and the opportunities they offer
- able to work both independently and as part of a team
- confident and skilled in the use of technology to support research
Massey University is known for its distinctive mix of campus-based, distance and international teaching, ground-breaking research, and the applied nature of many of its teaching and research programmes. Palmerston North offers affordable, regional city living with free public transport to campus, flat easy walking or cycling, no traffic gridlock and Massey Manawatu is noted for its beautiful park-like grounds.
For further information please contact Cherie Shum firstname.lastname@example.org Manager, Information & Research Services
Closing date: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Organisation: Massey University
Contact email: H.Ang@massey.ac.nz
Contact website: Subject Librarian