INCLUSIVITY: LIANZA AORAKI WEEKEND SCHOOL
May 15-16, 2021
LIANZA Aoraki Weekend School 2021celebrated our diverse communities and how to create more inclusive libraries. This two day event was presented by a range of speakers from library assistants to managers, sharing their knowledge of recognising and connecting to individuals and their uniqueness.
The weekend school was held in Christchurch at Tūranga and in Nelson at NMIT Library. Talks live streamed between the two sites.
- RAD Slides
- Aotearoa New Zealand's Histories and the Heritage Sector
Nicola Harwood, Ministry of Education for graphics of curriculum (as cited in presentation)
- The 'Catholic Diocese of Christchurch Archives & Community Engagement'
Triona Doocey, Catholic Diocese of Christchurch Archives
- Getting involved with #1Lib1Ref
Mike Dickison, Westland District Library
- Including Teens in the Life of the Library
Amy Groome & Lucy Mitchell
- Inclusive environments for young adults
Claudine Tapsell, Cashmere High School Library
- Queer YA Fiction
Saskia Hill (Ms.), Cashmere High School Library
- Scribble and Scribes
- I feel at home, perspectives of homeless library customers on public library services and social inclusion
Caitlin Adams, Christchurch City Libraries