LIANZA and the New Zealand Book Awards for Children and Young Adults are collaborating once again to bring libraries, schools, and the public, a series of digital events leading up to the big day when the 2022 winners are announced on August 10, 2022.
SOME INFORMATION ON THIS YEAR’S EVENTS
- LIANZA will create a calendar for Books Alive online event and virtual storytimes, with events going live each day from July 25 – August 9.
- All virtual storytimes are required to be removed from online platforms after six months, and a copyright agreement will be signed by participating libraries.
- LIANZA will match libraries with finalists. Your library could do a Q & A with an author (student-led), a writing workshop with an author, Q & A with an author (librarian-led), how to draw (with an illustrator), behind the book discussion with author, or an author reads an excerpt and discusses. Or you may have a cool idea about how to engage the finalist and create a Books Alive event g acting out the plot using characters in the book.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Sign up to register your interest in taking part by April 29
- Take up your opportunity to be part of the Smartphone Video DIY training over May (4 X 1-hour sessions)
- Wait to hear in mid-June if you’re selected to create a Books Alive online finalist event or a virtual storytime
- Make sure you know your book (and finalist) well, engage with the finalist to get their ideas about your proposed event and prepare children or students who may be involved
- Pre-record your Books Alive online finalist event or virtual storytimes by July 15
- Send your videos to LIANZA
- Promote your Books Alive online event and virtual storytimes on your channels before they go live
- Promote all the Books Alive online events and virtual storytimes to your communities
- Congratulate the winners on awards night
- Remove virtual storytime recordings from social media by February 2023
TIMELINE FOR EVENTS THIS YEAR
This is the timeline, and we want to encourage anyone involved this year to attend the initial Zoom meeting. Bring your ideas, questions and thoughts.
- By April 29: submit your applications for Books Alive online events, virtual storytime, and smartphone video DIY training
- May: Smart phone video DIY training (4 x 1hour sessions)
- June 2: Shortlist announced
- June 15 events matched
- June 15 – July 15: events are pre-recoded and sent to LIANZA to edit and upload
- July 25- August 10: events are promoted online
- August 10: winners announced
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org