- Thrive in a collaborative environment?
- Are you a problem solver with outstanding customer service?
- Have experience or a desire to upskill in technical library work?
Mō Te Herenga Waka – About Our University
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
TeHerenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting for a digital Research Services Coordinator to join the University Library in a full-time permanent position.
The role of Digital Research Services Coordinator is a part of the Library Research Services team and works collaboratively with colleagues to maximise the reach, attention and visibility of Victoria University of Wellington’s research publications and collections.
- Manage the University’s institutional repositories, ensuring that the University’s research outputs are easily discoverable online to maximise reach, attention, and visibility
- Use analytical tools and technologies to monitor and track the attention and reach of the University’s research outputs, to inform the University on ways of improving our position in the research landscape
- Manage and advise on the digitisation, discoverability, promotion, and preservation of local digital collections with high research or learning value
Ō pūmanawa – About you
You will be a motivated, client-focussed, and innovative individual that enjoys finding ways to enhance the services delivered by the team.
You will thrive in this role with your forward-thinking, solution focussed approach, along with your excellent communication and people skills.
You will be an organised self-starter with effective time management skills, that also works collaboratively with colleagues to positively contribute to the team and wider Library’s initiatives and success.
- A degree from a higher education institution with subsequent relevant experience, postgraduate qualifications with relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
- Proven ability to develop highly effective relationships and partnerships
- A demonstrated commitment to and success in consultative and collaborative teamwork
- Proven skills in managing institutional repositories and open access publishing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organise work to ensure timely delivery of outcomes
- Proven understanding of the management of digital content creation processes
- In depth knowledge of the metadata schemas and standards used in digital content creation and management
- Demonstrated customer service skills, taking pride in providing solutions and delivering outstanding service
- Experience, or desire to upskill, in technical library work. Such as executing scripts, troubleshooting applications and preparing content for deposit into Library repository systems
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe – Why you should join our team
This is a great opportunity to work in as a part of a collaborative, supportive environment where you can develop your Library career and hone your technical skills. We also offer generous professional development and learning opportunities.
Please go to our careersite to view the role description.
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Trish Wilson (email@example.com)
But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important – Application steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click the apply now button at the base of the advert. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the ‘CV/Resume’ button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Applications close Thursday, 9 February 2023.