The Digital Preservation Technical Specialist provides high-level technical services and specialist advice related to digital preservation.
This person is responsible for co-administrating the technical infrastructure, systems and operations of the National Digital Heritage Archive (NDHA) digital preservation programme. This programme supports the development and accessibility of digital collections within the National Library and is responsible for their long-term safekeeping.
This person works very closely with Technology Services and Solutions (TSS), with vendors, and with staff across the Library and Archives New Zealand.
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Preservation Research and Consultancy sits within the Information and Knowledge Services branch, the Department’s centre of information management, culture and heritage. Our branch is all about collecting, storing and preserving important things that are precious to New Zealand.
The Digital Preservation Technical Specialist role will:
- Co-manage the Library’s digital preservation systems and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to the NDHA systems
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Library’s digital preservation programme
- Liaise and collaborate with staff throughout the Library and externally
Key skills and experience (see the job description for the full list):
- Experience administrating complex technical applications, especially digital preservation systems or similar (e.g. digital asset management systems, data repositories)
- Experience scripting and with Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of basic concepts, processes and tools of digital preservation
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate complex technical ideas in simple language
If you enjoy solving problems, working collaboratively to build an excellent service, and knowing that what you do, you do for the good of New Zealand, this might be the role for you.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 14 July 2019
Apply here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39239140
For more information please contact: Andrea Goethals, Andrea.Goethals@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, copy this link in your browser http://www.bfound.net/Company/164-20191712061707.pdf