- Do you have a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service?
- Would you thrive in helping the community and being a part of a high-energy team working in an ever-changing working environment?
- Do you have a passion for encouraging lifelong learning and literacy?
The Waimakariri District Council is seeking to appoint two Library Customer Service Assistants who will work across our District Libraries in Kaiapoi, Rangiora and Oxford. These casual contracts offer motivated candidates the opportunity to experience a dynamic and challenging library-based work environment.
The team at the Waimakariri Libraries is passionate about making the world a better place for the community. New technologies mean that we now work pro-actively alongside our customers rather than across a desk, so the ability to think on your feet while providing exceptional customer service is vital.
The successful applicants will have an aptitude for meeting the information, reading and recreational needs of our customers. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the skills and empathy to support a diverse range of people in their use of our spaces and technologies. Enthusiasm and initiative for working with the library’s equipment, systems and processes is essential. A desire to assist in the delivery of library, information and digital literacy programmes for children and adults would be a bonus!
Our ideal new team members will have:
- A genuine interest and warmth for meeting, engaging with and helping people
- The skills to work in a busy people-centred environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- The skills to assist our customers in their use of technology
- An openness to continual professional learning
- The ability to interact well with others and enjoy being part of a fun team
- An awareness of, or experience with, library management systems and technologies would be an advantage
We currently have two vacancies for casual Library Customer Service Assistants.
A Position Description is available for download on the Council’s website.
For further information, please contact the District Libraries Manager, Paula Eskett, on 0800 965 468 (0800 WMK GOV) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 17th October 2021
The Council is an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more about working at the Waimakariri District Council check out the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywEJi6JGuw&feature=youtu.be
To apply for this job go to: http://waimakariridc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5670236. Applications close 17 October 2021