Do you have a passion for children’s and youth services?
Do you enjoy organising events and programmes?
Have you got great collection management skills?
Some places just offer more of what really counts, and the South Taranaki District is a perfect example. Our district has some of the most spectacular scenery in the world – situated next to Mt Taranaki’s majestic mountain and the rugged coastline of the Tasman Sea.
The South Taranaki District Council is seeking an experienced librarian to provide high quality, innovative events programme, and coordinate services to children and teens, at the LibraryPlus in South Taranaki.
- Develop and deliver innovative and affordable outreach to targeted sectors of the community?
- Coordinate district-wide events such as Te wiki o te Reo and National Storytime?
- Provide children and teen collection development expertise?
- Have in-depth children’s and your adult literature knowledge you can share?
- Have the desire to develop and maintain relationships with authors, storytellers etc?
- Have the capacity to juggle multiple tasks and competing deadlines?
- A qualified librarian?
- LIANZA Registered, or working towards Registration?
- Experienced in a similar role?
If you answered yes to all the above, we’d like to talk to you
The Community Outreach Librarian position provides a strong focus on children’s, youth and adult events and programming throughout the district working with staff from across the seven LibraryPlus. The position holder advocates for children and youth; ensuring collections, events and programming remain current and meet their needs in a changing world.
The South Taranaki District Council offers lots – great staff engagement, learning and development opportunities, social events and fantastic people, focused on achieving our common purpose of “Making our Communities Better”.
If this role appeals to you, head over to our website www.southtaranaki.com where you can access the background information and job description for the role. When submitting an application, please ensure you provide a covering letter outlining your skills and experience for the role along with your most current CV.
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Sunday 2 August 2020.
To apply for this job go to: http://southtaranaki.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5141153. Applications close 02 August 2020