We are looking for someone to join our team, working 40 hours per week, over 5 days across Monday to Sunday. As part of the roster, you will be required to work one weekend day every four weeks.
Our Napier Libraries are looking for a passionate person who sees the opportunities to work with our community to create engagement that goes beyond bricks and mortar.
The successful candidate must have a strong customer focus, be experienced in working effectively across multiple teams, community and/or volunteer groups and have excellent relationship management and oral and written communication skills.
This role will appeal to an experienced community and children’s library professional who wants to be directly involved with community programming with a Council that has a strong team and performance culture.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Lead, your focus will be to:
- Plan, develop and promote children’s programmes that encourage the love of reading
- Recognise the need to share resources to enrich lives by supporting children’s literacy, personal growth skills for better opportunities
- Work collaboratively with local and national organisations to deliver key services within our community
- Deliver programmes to the benefit of our community that match the aspirations of the library strategy
- Create and maintain a welcoming and changing environment, which encourages and stimulates children to enjoy the Library facilities
We will only consider applicants who have proven experience in the delivery of innovative outreach, children’s and collaborative programming, preferably within a library context.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and children’s worker safety checking as required under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
Applications Close: 24th July 2020