Permanent Part-Time | 25 hours rostered Tuesday-Saturday
There’s something great about living and working in Masterton. We can’t tell if it’s the Tararua Ranges that impress our view. Maybe it’s the award-winning parks that provide acres of greenspace right in the heart of town (or the life-style blocks just out of town)? Maybe it’s the commute, or should we say, lack of (no traffic lights here). It’s like getting a double shot of coffee in the morning when you live here and when you work with Masterton District Council (MDC) to create and support the great space that is called Masterton. Here at MDC we are looking for Children’s Librarian Assistant.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Supporting the creation, promotion and delivery of high-quality children and youth programming, including assisting the Takawaenga-A-Rohe librarian with Te Reo Māori programmes.
- Working with the Children’s and Youth Services librarian to support the management of the children and youth collection and resources, including processing materials and selection and weeding of materials.
- Providing customer and library service to the community.
- Participating in special projects and programmes to meet the needs of the community.
The key skills and experiences we are looking for include:
- Previous public library experience preferred and an understanding of the role of libraries in communities.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and/or teenagers, preferably within a library or school/teaching context.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in children’s and or youth literature.
- Knowledge and some fluency of Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga would be desirable.
- Competence in using a range of technical equipment, computer systems, applications, and digital media, including Microsoft applications.
- Proven customer service experience.
Further information about the role and Council can be found in the position description and our website. If these sources don’t answer your query, please call Tiffany Rawlings, Library and Archive Manager on 027 497 4761.
What we offer
At MDC we look after our people. Benefits for Council staff include:
- Five weeks’ annual leave
- Free parking
- Developmental opportunities
- An active social club
You will know that you are making a positive contribution to our amazing community!
If you believe you have the necessary skills and attributes to be successful in our role, please email us a Employment Application form, cover letter and a copy of your CV through to email@example.com, before 5:00pm, Friday 1 July 2022.