An exciting opportunity has opened at The Walsh Memorial Library for a qualified Information Management professional to work with MOTAT’s institutional archive. Established in 1964 on MOTAT’s Great North Road site, the Walsh Memorial Library is a specialist library which houses an extensive collection of material reflecting the MOTAT collection and includes published, archival, documentary heritage, pictorial, and oral history collections.
As an Assistant Librarian you will be responsible for the sorting and accurate recording of Walsh Memorial Library holdings specific to MOTAT’s institutional archive. You will capture and manage business records through their lifecycle, along with assisting library users with research enquiries.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Library & Information Studies, Museum Studies, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience of retention requirements and care of an institutional archive.
- Computer literacy, including advanced Microsoft packages (including SharePoint) and the Vernon CMS database experience, or equivalent. Experience with digitising, preferred
- Understanding of how to appropriately care for and handle collection items.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills – you would be required to work across all levels of the Museum.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment
This is a unique opportunity to join a fantastic team of passionate and capable library and archive professionals. Not only will you get to work on a truly fascinating collection, but you will also get the benefit of flexible working hours, Birthday Leave, Study Leave, additional KiwiSaver contributions, and a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.
View full position description and to apply via: https://motat.nz/get-involved/employment
Applications close: 2 February 2023, however we reserve the right to screen and interview applicants before the closing date.