Permanent | 0.6 FTE | Library Community Engagement Team | City Campus
We are looking for resourceful and motivated person to join our Library as a 0.6 FTE After Hours Engagement Librarian.
The AHEL acts as the Officer-in-Charge of the Campus Libraries in the evenings and weekends by providing a professional information service, acting independently to exercise judgement, and making decisions guided by University regulations and Library policies and procedures. In this role you will oversee the Library by managing staffing levels in the event of unexpected absences, assisting with client enquiries and problems, dealing with difficult patrons, and liaising with Security and Estates as needed. Although primarily based at AUT City Campus Library you may be required to work at any campus if needed.
The hours for this position are Thursday 2-10pm; Friday 2-10pm; Saturday 10am-6pm.
In this position you will enjoy:
- being responsible for supporting Library Community Engagement staff to ensure that the Library’s evening and weekend lending operations across all three campuses are timely, responsive and efficient
- providing excellent customer service to a large, diverse university community
- working with academic information and databases
For this position you will have:
- a recognised undergraduate degree and a Library and Information Studies qualification at Level 6 or above, or working towards
- at least three years’ experience working in library lending services, collection and facilities management, with library systems, and preferably in an academic library
- a high level of proficiency in using information technology, especially MS Office Suite
- excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, organisational and time management skills
Salary Range $56,741 – $76,972 (pro rata)
Closing Date Sunday 16 May 2021 [midnight]
You must be eligible to work in NZ to be considered for this position.
AUT University Library is committed to providing excellent services to students and staff to support teaching, learning and research activities of the University. AUT offers a stimulating work environment and excellent professional development opportunities, and subsidised healthcare.
For more information about this position, or to apply, please visit http://careers.aut.ac.nz. Please do not apply via email as your application will not be registered.