Fixed-term (12 months) | Part-time, 35 hours a week
We are seeking an enthusiastic team player who will actively contribute to the development and ongoing management and promotion of our Library’s resources, including digital and heritage material. Significant parts of this role include active participation in our acquisition and selection processes for library content and the cataloguing of these resources.
Based in Upper Hutt City Libraries’ Central Branch, this opportunity will suit a person who has:
- A passion for helping people find the answer they’re looking for and enjoys providing great customer service
- An eye for detail and outstanding time management and organisational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the proven ability to exercise sound judgement
- A love for being part of a dedicated team
- A commitment to excellence
This is a 12-month fixed-term position to cover parental leave.
The person we are seeking will preferably have:
- The ability to work accurately and efficiently in order to ensure timely access to Library resources
- A broad understanding of the role public libraries play within the community
- Experience with public library collection development and management
- Experience with cataloguing including DDC, MARC and RDA
- The ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- A team player who has the ability to see things from the customer’s point of view and has a can-do attitude
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with Library suppliers
- Integrity and a high degree of motivation
- An in-depth understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- A relevant library or tertiary qualification
Applications close 4pm, 14 June 2019.
Please note you must have the legal right to work in NZ to be considered for this role.
|To view the position description and to apply online please visit our website https://upperhuttcity.com/your-council/vacancies/|
Closing date: Friday, June 14, 2019
Organisation: Upper Hutt City Council
Contact website: Upper Hutt City Council Careers