To develop and sustain a research culture in Library and Information Services in New Zealand as part of the New Zealand research environment.
- To maintain awareness of research in LIS being carried out in New Zealand
- To provide support for researchers in LIS by facilitating networking amongst those engaged in research.
- To disseminate information about potential research funding for LIS research
- To promote excellence in LIS research in New Zealand through workshops, training and discussion of research.
We welcome enquiries from members and non-members interested in our activities, in assisting us to reach our goals, and in promoting research into issues of concern to libraries and information services in New Zealand.
Support that we offer
- the bi-annual conference Research by Librarians for Librarians. R-LL2 will run in May 2018.
- an annual Research Award. Read more about the research award and its 2017 recipient in the December 2016 issue of Library Life.
How to join
LIANZA members can join the research SIG for an additional $11.50 inc GST paid with their annual membership fee. Contact LIANZA Head Office, PO Box 12212 Wellington, email email@example.com.
Check out our Facebook page