Library and Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa | Te Rau Herenga O Aotearoa
- Sign up
The Scope includes:
Contributing to strategic, business and operational planning
Managing finance, people and resources
Governance structures and stakeholder relationship
1. Contributing to and executing a strategic operational plan, eg a City or District Council’s Long Term Plan (LTP)
2. Creating annual operational or activity plans
3. Participating in a 'big picture' workshop
4. Making a case for employing an additional staff member
5. Preparing a budget
6. Talking to other team members about the importance of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how these relate to daily tasks
7. Managing the budget for discretionary hours
8. Planning for a new library
9. Marketing a new collection
10. Planning Library week promotions
11. Recommending a change to circulation policy
12. Delivering a presentation about library services to students at a student open day
13. Participating in a project as eg project champion, leader, manager, member
14. Developing and implementing a new timetable or roster to cover service desks
15. Developing a Māori recruitment and retention strategy - rangatiratanga
16. Investigating the introduction of whānau supported interviews - manaakitanga
17. Interviewing candidates for a position
18. Inducting a new staff member
19. Mentoring staff
20. Evaluating a proposal for a new service to determine if it should go ahead
Library Chat Podcast:
Episode 1: Corin Haines talks to Jenica Rogers, Director of Libraries at the State Library of New York at Potsdam about professional development, webinars, email list-serves and communities of interest.
Episode 2: Corin Haines speaks with Rivkah Sass, the Library Director at the Sacramento Public Library, about Public Libraries in the US and globally.
Episode 3: Corin Haines speaks with Sue Roberts, Chief Executive Officer and State Librarian of Victoria in Australia, about leading through change, leading a learning culture, advocacy, innovation and risk taking.
Episode 5: Corin Haines talks to Carson Block, I.T Consultant and former I.T. Director at the Poudre River Public Library. Carson brings energy, directness and a user-centered approach to I.T in Libraries.
Episode 7: This time Corin Haines chats with Laurinda Thomas. Laurinda is the President Elect of the Library and Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa (LIANZA) and Public Sector Digital Continuity Manager at Department of Internal Affairs. They discuss the challenges for LIANZA, why professional associations matter and about the archive career path for librarians.
ALA Editions 3-part e-workshop: Hiring, Training and Supervising Shelvers
A 3-part e-workshop on Wednesday 8, 15, 22 May 2013, 11am (Pacific)
LIANZA LinkedIn Webinar
Find out how LinkedIn works and whether it's right for your library, May 28 from 2 - 3.30pm
ALA TechSource e-workshop: Facebook in the Library: Enhancing Services and Engaging Users
A 90-minute e-workshop on 17 July 2013, 11,30am (Pacific)
Event Management for Libraries
This one day professional development workshop is being brought to New Zealand by PICS
Auckland, 10 June 2013, 8.30am-5pm
Wellington, 12 June 2013, 8.30am-5pm
Christchurch, 14 June 2013, 8.30am-5pm
There are no LIANZA courses currently scheduled in this area.
If you would like to see a course offered in this area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org