I need to create a Professional Training Plan
Your PTP basically outlines the learning and activities you will engage in during your 12 month mentoring period en route to becoming a Registered Library and Information Professional.
Your PTP should contain at least 13 activities, with at least one of these activities in each of the following areas:
- understanding what it means to be a library and information professional
- understand the ethical base of the profession and the code of professional conduct
- develop a breadth of practice relevant to your role
- address knowledge and skill gaps not covered in your qualification or required for your job
- understand the breadth of library and information services and diversity of customer requirements
- participate in professional networks and activities
- understand the New Zealand context of your work, in particular awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi and Matauranga Maori
This Professional Training Plan example (PDF, 109Kb) has great examples of the different types of activities you can undertake.
For an activity to be completed you need to actively participate and reflect on what you've learned. To ensure an excellent training plan, be sure to include the Bodies of Knowledge.
Once your PTP has been approved by the registration board you can start updating your Portfolio of Learning (PTL). Your mentor is happy to help you with anything you need, so don't be shy!
If you have any questions contact the office and we'll help you out right away!