LIANZA Online Courses
This means you decide when and where to fit professional development in to your busy schedule! All you need is access to a web browser and you can complete these courses on a range of modern devices at a time that suits you.
We're also offering bulk access to these courses for teams through an institutional membership - if you're interested email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Collection Management in the Digital Age: An Introduction
- Collection Management in the Digital Age: Developing a Collection Management and Development Policy (Module 1) - Equip yourself with a comprehensive knowledge of collection management and development practises
- Copyright: Guidelines for Librarians - Learn about New Zealand’s copyright law and its relationship to libraries
- Effective Governance - An introduction to the issues you need to consider and the skills necessary for a role on a board or other governing body
- Introduction to Leadership - Develop your understanding of leadership and expand your leadership skills
- Introduction to Research for Information Professionals - An overview of research for those new to the subject or in need of a refresher
- Searching Subscription Databases - Learn to effectively utilise your library’s subscription databases
- Fundamentals of Facilitation - how to effectively facilitate a meeting
- Effective Recruitment - tips and tricks to help you get that perfect person in the role
- Fundamentals of Social Media - an overview of social media ettiquette and best practice, including content management strategies, and the basics for the key social media platforms
- Personal Learning Networks - an exercise to help you develop and strengthen your own developing a solid plan for your professional development
Each online course is relevant to a Body of Knowledge, which means you can record the completion of each of these courses in your revalidation journal.
Visit our professional registration section to find out more about the registration process and how important it is for your career.
Suggest a course
We’re always looking to expand our collection of self-paced online learning courses.
If you have some great content that could be converted into an online course please contact our Executive Director, Joanna Matthew.
LIANZA holds the intellectual property rights pertaining to the content of these online courses.