NZMS Scholarship to Attend VALA 2016
Award background and criteria
This scholarship is offered by NZMS as a professional development opportunity for a LIANZA member to attend VALA 2016 in Melbourne, Australia, 9-11 February 2016.
The sponsorship includes:
- $2000 towards conference registration and travel
- Must be a member of LIANZA
- Must never have attended a VALA conference
- Applicant’s name and contact details
- LIANZA membership number
- Reasons the applicant would benefit from attending the conference
- What the applicant feels they could offer back to LIANZA
- The name and address of the applicant’s organisation/employer, manager and/or Chief Executive
Applicants will not be asked for a letter of support from their employer, but it is expected that they will have the support of their employer to attend conference and any other noted requirements should they be successful.
The LIANZA Regional Councillors
- The closing date for application for the Scholarship is 21 October 2015
- The successful applicant will be notified of their success by 3 November 2015
- The Employer of the successful applicant will be notified
- The winner will be publically announced at the LIANZA 2015 Conference Award Ceremony to be held on 8 November 2015, at Shed 6 in Wellington
The winner of the scholarship will be expected to write a short article for NZMS to be published in various NZMS publications at the discretion of NZMS in the months following conference.
The winner of the scholarship will be expected to write a short article for LIANZA to be published in various LIANZA publications at the discretion of LIANZA in the months following conference.
The winner of the scholarship will be expected to give regular updates during the conference using either LIANZAs Recollect site or Twitter or both.
The winner of the scholarship will be expected to write a short follow-up/learnings article for NZMS to be published in various NZMS publications at the discretion of NZMS six months following conference. This may be shared for use by LIANZA at the discretion of NMZS.
**Please email your applications to Ines@lianza.org.nz by October 21, 2015.