Kaiwhakahaere Toko Tauira (Manager Tauira Services)
Permanent, Full Time
We invite applications for a Kaiwhakahaere Toko Tauira (Manager Tauira Services). You will be part of our Learning and Achievement team as part of the wider Tauira Services throughout the Auckland and Northland Region.
The Tauira Service team aims to positively impact Te Wananga o Aotearoa tauira on their learning journey and support them in achieving their goals.
You will lead and manage a professional and effective service to students, ensuring proactive and effective delivery of learning support to enable their success, by overseeing the Tauira Service team, Tauira Support, Library Services, Career Support and other support services. You will ensure pastoral care, career planning, learning resources and learning support are provided to tauira, and provide people leadership and support for all direct reports.
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor degree in a field relevant to educational leadership or support services
- Strong Leadership with a warm communicative personality skills, with the ability to motivate and secure commitment of colleagues and teams to achievement
- Professional knowledge of the library and information sector
- Full New Zealand Driver's Licence
- 5+ years' experience in a student learning and support role
- 5+ years’ experience in staff management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership and management of change
- Interpersonal skills, clear presentation skills,
- The ability to manage conflict constructively
- The ability to understand and converse in Te Reo Maori and an excellent understanding of Maori values, culture and Tikanga are expected.
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is a great place to work and this is an exciting and rewarding position at the Māngere Campus, Te Wananga o Aotearoa. We have a range of benefits available to staff, some of which include subsidised medical insurance, supported academic study provisions, gym membership and free car parking.
We are one of New Zealand's largest tertiary education providers offering a comprehensive range of certificate to master’s level qualifications to New Zealanders of all ages and walks of life.
To apply for this position click the 'Apply for this job' button or register on our jobs site: twoa.careercentre.net.nz/job
Police vetting is a requirement for this position.
Enquiries to Mandy Crawford Marsters on 09 257 5651
Closes: 23 April 2017