April 2017 newsletter
It seems Autumn is well and truly upon us but that doesn't mean we're slowing down any time soon! Here's just a few of the things we've been up to:
- Last month we announced that Denise Wilson of Morrison Low is running a Design Thinking workshop in the Hawkes Bay. We received numerous requests to have the workshop run in other locations too so we're excited to say the workshop will also be held in Auckland and Wellington. More information about the workshops can be found here.
- We made a submission to National Library regarding legal deposit around vinyl
- We launched our consultation around our Code of Practice and our Rules. Don't forget to share your thoughts on the LIANZA Code of Practice, as consultation closes on May 1st at 9am-you've got another month to feedback about the rules.
- We opened nominations for LIANZA Associateships and the LIANZA 2017 Fellowship. Make sure you send your nomination form or application form to email@example.com by June 30 2017.
LIANZA COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2017
It's that time of year again - council election time that is! This year the following positions are open:
- Hikuwai Councillor
- Te Upoko o te Ika a Maui Councillor
- Aoraki Councillor
We're lucky to have a passionate and engaged council who work hard to support the profession. If you'd like to make a real difference, consider taking up a role on council. The time commitment is between 1-3 days per month, with three trips to face to face meetings during the year. If you've got questions about the role, current councillors are more than happy to talk to you and Joanna is always at the end of the phone.
Send your nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 3rd May 2017. To download the nomination form, please click here.
Last week you should have received an email about the LIANZA Rules Consultation
As well as working on the Code of Practice rewrite we're also in the process of repealing our Act, to allow us to incorporate under the new Incorporated Societies Act when this is passed in 2018. In order to meet the requirements of the new Act we need to update our Rules and we want your input.
We've set up a forum in the member's only area of the database to capture feedback but you can also give feedback via Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #LIANZARules (see what we did there?!), by sending an email to our Executive Director Joanna, our President, or to your regional councillor.
We need all feedback by May 31st 2017 so we can provide a report to council at their strategic planning day in June.
MEMBER ONLY DISCOUNTS
Your 2017/18 membership card is on it's way to you! The card offers members buying discounts at stores like Noel Leeming, Repco and more.
The cards are definitely worth using-we've had someone report back already saying she got a 35% discount when booking a rental car with Thrifty. Awesome!
Each year we have a few members letters that go AWOL-so if you're a member, and haven't received a letter by the end of this week, send us an email and we'll make sure we get another mailed out to you as soon as possible.
For further instructions on using the card, please click here.
Continuing our goal of visiting as many libraries as possible over the next 18 months, we visited Te Takere Community Centre and Library in Levin and also Kapiti Coast District Libraries last week. It was awesome to meet the staff and hear about the great projects they're involved in and talk about some of the challenges they're facing and how we can help.
WE'RE MOVING OFFICES
We're on the move! At the end of May we'll be moving back to our old stomping ground of Boulcott Street-although not the same building. It's a smaller space but we're excited about the new location and can't wait to show you photos.
Due to the move we'll be closed on the last day of May and the first day of June. We hope this won't cause too much inconvenience.
Thanks so much for reading and we'll see you in May!
Joanna, Jess and Julia